What is TIPP?
TIPP is the Tax Instalment Payment Plan by which taxpayers pay their property taxes in monthly instalments by either pre-authorized transfer of funds from their bank account or by post-dated cheques, rather than one single tax payment.
Why Should You Use TIPP?
- TIPP breaks the annual tax payment into 12 monthly payments to make budgeting easier.
- Regular payments are assured. If you are on vacation, out of town on business, or sick, your payment will be made on time.
- Convenient and reliable method of ensuring that your tax bill is paid.
- TIPP is not subject to discount or penalties provided monthly payments are made.
Who Can Use TIPP?
All taxpayers are eligible providing all previous years taxes are paid in full.
How Does TIPP Work?
- Payments start January 31st in each year and are made on the last banking day of every month thereafter.
- Monthly payments for January to June shall be equal to 1/12 of the annual tax levy from the preceding year.
- Monthly payments for July to December shall be equal to 1/6 of the outstanding balance for the current year as of June 30.
- Once you are on TIPP you will be automatically renewed on the plan each year.
When Can I Apply for TIPP?
You can apply for TIPP up to June 30th for the current year’s taxes. If your application is received after January 1st of the current year, you will be required to make an initial payment equal to the total of the missed instalments of the current year, plus a one time late filing fee of 2% of the initial payment.
How Do You Apply For TIPP?
To apply for TIPP, complete and sign the Pre-Authorized Debit Application Form, attach a void cheque OR complete and sign the Post-Dated Cheques Application Form, attach 6 post-dated cheques, and return to the Town Office at 201 Main Street. Oyen, Alberta
Forms are available at, and should be returned to:
Town of Oyen
P.O. Box 360
201 Main St., Provincial Building,
Phone: (403) 664-3511
Fax: (403) 664-3712
Withdrawal Or Cancellation
- You may withdraw from TIPP by giving written notice not less than 2 weeks before the next payment date.
- If any monthly payments are missed the Town of Oyen has the option to cancel the TIPP agreement.
- If you withdraw, or the Town cancels your TIPP agreement, all unpaid taxes become due and payable, and are subject to penalties in accordance with the Tax Penalties By-Law.
- Any payments that are dishonored by the bank are subject to a $20.00 service charge.
If you have any further questions about the TAX INSTALLMENT PAYMENT PLAN (TIPP) please call 664-3511, or visit the Town Office, 201 Main Street, Provincial Building.